Pages

Monday, December 5, 2011

Running the M Mccormik Deering Engine

I have had this engine for a couple of years and I have talked about, admired it, tinkered with it. Actually, I should say "we" as Jeff my brother is also in on it. He is no worse than me, or no better, depending on how you look at it.

We have purchased a few new parts, disassembled it, hand honed the head and gussied it all up in what amounts to an overhaul. Truth is, the motor is very simple and once a person learns about it, even if it sat on the bottom of a lake, they can be brought back to life.

There has been doubters, "friends" that look upon us in disdain, but mostly they are just jealous because we are somebody, we are motor heads, old iron affectionatoes. Almost every body knows these throbbing brutes attract chicks and that is why they are so envious.




What we have here is the final hour, the real test, the icing on the cake for old iron buffs. We have the running of the engine. I know, it needs a few adjustments and a fuel system that will keep it going forever but this is for real, this is the moment. So admire and, drool over this magnificent machine.

No comments:

Post a Comment