Pages

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Broccoli, Global Warming---Revolution Watch



One might say, "Just how do you plan on tying broccoli to global warming?" This might be a stretch for sure because I don't really know all the patterns. But I find it strange that the broccoli in my garden, that would be my outside garden, is still growing. It don't mean it is sitting there in extended idle animation. It has grown since the last time I checked it a couple of weeks ago.


Clearly the stuff is tough, and I can imagine that this is not the first Dec. 15th that someone in central Wisconsin had broccoli in his garden. Still, it seems odd to me on this day as it is raining outside. Interestingly, a weed ago my kid that lives north of Fairbanks told me it was raining there. He noted that in the past couple of years they have seen rain in Dec. It had been 60 below a few days earlier. Not that uncommon.


Today, I read a piece talking about how methane is exuding from arctic waters at a rate never seen before, apparently due to the warming of arctic waters. Methane is a gas many times more destructive than co2.


Still, most of the front runners, or at least the field of contestants for Republican party, say there is no such thing as climate change. Or as one commenter stated, "Does this mean you all agree with the 3% of scientists that think climate change is not real?" Apparently. We are idiots, that is all there is to it.



Yesterday, the Canadians walked out of the Kyoto discussions basically saying, "Screw the global climate change, we need to make money." So the governments don't meet for another 4 years and in the mean time I will be growing more and more broccoli in winter. Now, I know what they mean when they say humans are the most invasive species.










No comments:

Post a Comment