Pages

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Revolution Watch

Just when I thought the Sustainable Revolution was moving along, events happen that make me wonder how much depth the revolution has. I had noticed last weekend a screaming sound coming form the local fair grounds, that would be the grounds that has a race course.

Now keep in mind, it is winter here so one has to wonder just what is screaming around the oval. Oh that's right, this is the land of the beeler. The beeler is a person who drives a snowmobile. While it is true that beeling is not what it once was in that now when I snowshoe, if we should bump into one, they frequently stop the engine to let us pass, and in doing so we usually chat. The engines are frequently four strokers and don't really smell.

The racing part of it still similar to the past in that it seems most are still two strokers that smoke and scream like a high speed stuck rabbit. Now, if we had a truly well-intended revolution going on, one would think these rather unsustainable machines would start to fade out. No luck there. I would reckon that until they are actually outlawed, they will remain. As a long time motor head, I suppose, I have little room to comment, but one day they will go.

No comments:

Post a Comment