Pages

Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Missionary's Position---Thoughts of Others

 I collect quotations, particularly ones I find interesting, maybe outrageous, but usually ones that fit my own mind. I would be the first to admit I am not of the mainstream and might, just on occasion, offend a few folks but what the hell. It is more fun to have one's brain rattled than just sitting their with a forty foot stare in a ten foot room. Truth is most of he tidbits I save, are pretty much in line with my own thinking. I know, I am a bit of a cynic but a real happy one, one always amused with the trappings of mankind. 
The Unholy Trinity
Economics, religion, and nationalism are utter nonsense, and their teachings and organizations are destroying the ecological basis of being. Organized religion, nanny government, and authoritarian corporatism together combine to enslave humanity in abusive hierarchical structures, leading to overexploitation and even murder of other people, species, ecosystems, and the Earth for profit, god, and country.

Islamo- and Christo-fascists try to out-crazy each other. Christo-fascists lack none of the craziness of their Islamo-fascist counterparts, and are no less loony and dangerous, equally ready to murder for their false god. Indeed, right-wing nut-job Christians are much the greater threat to Earth and all peoples as they have nukes, money, and power over resources to utterly destroy being. In fact, Earth’s destruction is their goal as they fully expect to leave this tawdry world of their own making and be whisked away to paradise.

There will never be long-term ecological sustainability – or universal justice, equity, and rights – as long as corporatists, churches, nanny governments, and their media hold power. An economic system based upon infinite growth in a finite world can only spectacularly collapse. Despite being brainwashed to worship mythical ghosts and indoctrinated to salute authoritarian power, people have no excuse for ecocide, fascism, or stupidity.
Dr Glen Berry

"our culture's general instruction manual is enough to puke a maggot."
Jim Harrison


I particularly sympathize with your point about zero-growth. Not only is the phrase "sustainable growth" an oxymoron, but more honest phrasing would be "sustainable rape".


"My grandfather rode a camel, my father rode a camel, I drive a Mercedes, my son drives a Land Rover, his son will drive a Land Rover, but his son will ride a camel."
~ Rashid bin Saeed Al Maktoum
Stephen Hawking, "Heaven is for those who are afraid of the dark". Another of my favorites is "science flies you to the moon, religion flies you into buildings..."

No comments:

Post a Comment