Pages

Sunday, September 2, 2012

Missonary Position---Growth Rates

I haven't had to be in a missionary position in a long time, not because I did like the position but simply because I was distracted. I am not sure by what but it was good. One can't hound his missionary work all the time or folks will think this is nothing but proselytizing. That is what missionary work is isn't it?

What we have here is the world's growth rates in three categories. Seeing has how this growth things is at the heart of all of our problems, I thought I might get in my missionary's position and go over this rather alarming little presentation.

First off, I noticed that during the hey-day of my sorta youth, that would be the '60 and'70s, things were really nuts. I mean, population growth was such that it would double every 40 years or so. The energy use growth rate was at 5.15%. My God, had that gone on long we would have consumed all of the earth's energy in an alarmingly short period of time, maybe by 2100.

Still the growth rate today for energy is at 2.33% and that would imply it will doubling in 30 years. That my friends is not possible with peak oil already being here and nat. gas, seemingly endless, is also being taxed. Nucs? They are history unless we want to watch Ivan glow---or Johnny Six Pack. Alternative energy you say. There is a joke. They all depend on fossil fuels to build.

Germany has more solar than all the rest of the world put together and it only provides 4% of their needs.
 Yikes!

GDP is a joke. How do we continue to have never ending exponential growth of GDP in what is clearly a finite world? 3.51% per year? Doubles every 20 years. Who are we kidding?

Still, in the end population is the kicker. Double population every 70 years? Right. It is already so crowded it is becoming hard to be alone even in this country. I think it is called overshoot. Drop energy production and both population and GDP will go out the window by attrition.

These figures are not pretty and need to be modified pronto. Even a moron can see that but not the governments of the world. I mean, there is only so much space, dudes. I don't want to live in a world where every time I bend over I have to kiss somebody's butt. Are we any smarter than yeast?

1 comment:

  1. Its a great pleasure to serve and help people but it you serve not in your heart just dont hesistate to try it please you are just wasting your time. So Good choice for taking your position :)

    God Bless from family care foundation car donation

    ReplyDelete