Pages

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Well, here goes. I needed a break so to speak. It is now summer and I guess it is time to communicate with the world through this blog thing. Ya, we were in France for awhile but I couldn't really write about it because we are also, or were in a lawsuit. It seems that the Marshfield Clinic saw fit to file some papers of mitigation against us for failure to pay a bill. Ann had breast cancer a few years back and she was uninsureable due to a previous bout with cancer so the bill came directly to us.

The odd part turned out that if you do not have insurance, the bill is more than twice as large as it is for the insured. It was absolutely astounding and I decided to fight it. Had they billed us what they would have an insured person we could have written a check right then and there. But no, they send us this monster that no one normal could pay---like $55k. So after paying half, I told them to put it were the sun don't shine. The half is more than the insured would have paid.

Well, due to us having out positions in a trust or in LLCs they have no access to out retirement. None. Well, it dragged out but after about a year of bull shit and a lot of wasted time and money they essentially gave up and now I can talk again, talk about being in France. I would not have looked too cool had I gone to court again pleading hardship when we had just spend three weeks in southern France and then talking about it on a very public forum. But with that being over and normal life returned, my mouth can once more be shot off.

It was an education and deserves to be written up very completely so as to inform others what goes on when you can not get insured. It is a very strange and unjust world. More later.

No comments:

Post a Comment