Pages

Sunday, August 22, 2010

Revolution Watch----Pets

While I have been noticing all sorts of things happening relating to transition into the sustainable world, this one caught my eye.


Prior to this I had heard that out west horse owners were taking their horses to auction and when they didn't sell, were just leaving them at the sale barn not wanting them back because they could not afford to feed them.

In this case folks are dropping off their pets, or as they called it "surrendering their pets" to the human society in great numbers. It would seem that keeping a pet at say $20-$30 per month is too much, or they have to move because of a loss of a job, or a loss of a house and in renting pets are not allowed.

I believe this is one more indication in the drop of the standard of living, which is part of the "Power Down", and part of the revolution. Not a good sign in my book.

No comments:

Post a Comment