Pages

Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Church Auction----A Real Missionay Position

America is a wonderful place in that can produce the damnedest things, some right here under our vary peace-loving noses. So we go to the local bar to slam a few beverages, get a nice two beer buzz, tell a few ribald stories, maybe lament the poor performance of Obama--which he will straighten out, and harass the waitress who can not make any sense of us what-so-ever. There on the table is this place mat from the local Catholic Church advertising an up-coming auction.

Personally, I think it is a great spot to put advertising because every yahoo that comes in almost has to see it. It also helps that most of the patrons usually toss down some alcoholic beverages and might be easily subliminally influenced. Whether or not is a church, I could care less as they are a commercial enterprise like everything else and they pay their fair share of taxes.

We got to looking at it, particularly the starred portion that says "25 Guns"  and really get excited  because guys need guns and here for $20, a person can get 3 chances to win one of these blasters. Plus, if all goes well the church will make a bundle to help the poor of the world. It is a win-win affair. Maybe the poor folks can use the cash for a nice gun themselves.

I couldn't find anywhere on the flyer where it says where to buy the tickets which was a bummer because I wanted my shot then and there. Now, I assumed that the bulk of these beauties were hunting pieces but after looking at the list, some of which I was familiar with, I noticed a 50 cal. rifle. Sweet Jesus, that is one big hunting rifle. I wondered if the cartridges were armor piercing. There was a short list of hand guns but nothing fancy. Still they were mostly the type used to blast people. I could use one of those.

While it seemed a good idea and I am sure it went over well (after all, I am in if I can find a vendor) but guns to kill people? Must be about the revolution. I do love "The Circuit Judge" a 410 pistol. Ya baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment