Pages

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Sharing the Planet with Others---That Would be all Others

Every now and then I run across a spectacular photo that pulls at your heart stings because they demonstrate some hapless animal being victimized by man. We look at them and get all upset and then go right about doing what we always do, which includes fouling our own nest and frequently everybody Else's.

I am not totally sure why we do this but out there lies a feeling the earth was put here for us to dominate and allow us to grow our numbers to the point where there is nothing left on the earth but us.

It is not that I am Innocent because I drive my diesel VW all over higher and yon just because it gets 50 miles per gal. But I do think I am making gains at times as I walk or bike down to the hardware store. In China most people walk. When I think about it, the shear trampling of human feet, all 1.3 billion of them probably is just as bad.


I can't resist putting these photos on because these beasts really need to have space too. The squirrel is an urban critter, obviously this one has to good life. I noticed him last year in my daughters yard and this year as well. Reminds me of Ben Franklin with his rotund demeanor, rather regal as he surveys his holdings. His only concerns are the cars that roar by. If he can stay clear of the asphalt, he will stay like this forever (squirrel time). I guess the car is the same to him a syphilis was to Ben, just not self induced.


The two flicker were posturing on a farm in Colorado. Most elegant, and youthful, almost dressed in a formal tone. Note the tie, Puff Flicker, Snoop Bird. I'll make room for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment