Pages

Monday, April 30, 2012

Back, Rested, with New Sculpture



So we were gone, but now were are back. Just a little hiatus from doing what we usually do. I will admit that some of the "away" stuff involved actual work, like on sculpture. For that I am pleased, sorta. I have known for a long time that work is the curse of the leisure class but in order to have some leisure I have to still work at this advanced age.


















It is not all drudgery, mind you. Hanging out in the primitive, but nicely warmed studio/workshop isn't toil and pain like clearing land or finishing concrete. I do feel rewarded. But now the work is off to The Edgewood Orchard Gallery in Door County I feel relieved, maybe despondent, satisfied and ready to garden, chase turkeys, play the fiddle like I know what I am doing, and then do some more sculpture.





Part of the "away" stuff also involved going to south coast of France for a few weeks. We stayed with and artist and her mom. Ann painted--this will be another post filled with comment.

So here is some of the new sculpture. Almost sounds like I am using this blog to promote my work---well?

No comments:

Post a Comment